Sunday 8 November 2015

Nectarine and Cardamom Ice Cream

So I'm pretty much making ice cream every weekend now. I'm so glad because I thought my ice cream machine might be one of those appliances that gets lost in the dark depths of the kitchen cupboards, never to be seen again. But no, the results are always so delicious and I guess the hot weather plays its part too.

All the beautiful Summer fruits are in stores now, which gets me so excited! One of my favourites is nectarines. I love peaches, but I squirm just at the thought of that furry skin! The tartness of the nectarines actually make this ice cream taste more like a frozen yoghurt, which was a lovely surprise. I paired it with cardamom and a coconut milk base for a very refreshing frosty dessert.



Ingredients:

1 can light coconut milk
5 nectarines
10 cardamom pods
3 tbs xylitol or vegan friendly sugar

Remove the pip from the nectarines and chop roughly. Extract the seeds from the cardamom pods. I use a pair of scissors to cut the pod length ways and then push the seeds out of each half. Place the coconut milk, cardamom seeds, nectarine flesh and sweetener in a blender and blend til smooth.

Churn for about 20 minutes if you have an ice cream machine. Alternatively, place in a container in the freezer and stir every hour until reaching the desired consistency.

I found that this ice cream froze quite solid (I think it is because it doesn't contain much fat) though it was still okay to scoop because I churned it. As a solution, you could use this recipe in popsicle molds instead.

Enjoy and have fun! xxx

P.S. Follow Miso Coco on social media by clicking the links below :) 

https://www.facebook.com/misocococookshttps://instagram.com/vegan_misococo/https://twitter.com/vegan_misococo

No comments:

Post a Comment