Wednesday 2 September 2015

Tofu Protein Balls


I've started a new little challenge in my life, well a big challenge actually. Besides committing to full veganism, I am also doing a 12 week strict strength training program with the high hopes of being Summer-body-ready(ish). Doing a regular strength routine requires that you get enough protein, along with all the other important nutrients, so I've been doing a lot of research into vegan sources of protein. As it turns out, there are plenty of them, despite the myth that you can't get enough protein from plant only foods. Here is a little recipe I created to help me feed my muscles and keep me full after training.


Ingredients:

250g soft tofu
2 tsp xylitol
1 tsp cinnamon
20g chia seeds
35g Muscle Works Vegan Protein (or any vegan protein supplement)
30g unsweetened shredded coconut
16 raw almonds

In a medium sized bowl, blend the tofu, cinnamon, xylitol and protein powder with a stick blender until smooth. Add the chia seeds and stir them in thoroughly. Leave the mixture to stand for about half an hour so that the chia seeds absorb the excess moisture. Pour the coconut into a shallow bowl for dipping. Use a teaspoon to scoop the mixture and drop it into the coconut. Add an almond and mold the ball around it. Roll it in the coconut to seal it. You should get about 16 x 20g protein balls.

The mixture is quite sticky, so I found it easiest to roll it in the coconut a little before molding the shape. Have fun! x

No comments:

Post a Comment